You may have noticed our long absence from these pages. Our last post was from Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, in September 2015, with our friends Bill and Linda Bowers. Since then, we have covered 1,500 n miles to Fort Lauderdale, FL. Some highlights were
- The NYYC Invitational Regatta in Newport with friends from Seattle Yacht Club
- Long Island Sound, visiting our friends Scott and Kitty Kuhner in CT.
- A week in Port Washington, NY and visiting NYC
- A week in Annapolis, MD, visiting Washington DC and our friends Jim and Heather Wilson
- Transiting the ICW from Norfolk VA to Beaufort NC
- for a 2 week haul-out to paint the boat.
Hauled out a Bock's Marine in Beaufort, NC
- Traveling south on the ICW and some great coastal sailing to Titusville, FL. We've made Florida our new home.
- In December, we began our new life in Florida in Titusville. Although we flew back to Seattle and Portland the spend the holidays with friends and family.
- After a terrific visit to the Kennedy Space Center, we traveled south to West Palm Beach to see our Seattle friends, Sally and Larry Cole, who spoiled us lavishly. (Thanks!) and as an added bonus, meeting up with Scott and Kitty Kuhner aboard their boat Tamure. You can see some of Bill's Kennedy Space Center photos here: Kennedy Space Center on Flickr
On January 24th, we arrived at our new home in Lighthouse Point, FL. We are renting a condo from Linda Bowers. It's so good to have a place ashore again. Bill and Linda arranged a slip for Jarana, and drove us around for boat materials and provisions.
Check out our posts on Facebook. Now we're waiting for fairy tale weather to cross the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas. Stay tuned.