Apart from that, it's not all bad: we have beautiful and pleasant surroundings, and Bill can roll out of bed in the morning, drink his latte, then stagger over to the marine store, empty all the money out of his pockets and load up on stuff. Uh Oh...they let him open an account. There'll be no stopping him now.
- Bill installed new batteries. It was a big job, requiring rewiring and carpentry because they're bigger than the old ones.. Ca-ching
- All the sails have been at the sailmakers (will we ever see them again?) . Ca-ching
- Bill replaced the rusty (but not very old) anchor chain. GRRR. Ca-ching
Fortunately, he found some miracle potion that cleaned the rust off the deck.
- The boat will be hauled out of the water for 6 weeks and painted while we are in Seattle. CA-CHING
- And many other tasks to numerous to mention
- As if this weren't enough, we got a big quote on a new stainless steel arch. Ca-ching
- ...to hold up new solar panels. Ca-ching
|Ugly rusty anchor chain stained the deck.|